Tel Aviv hosted the 2019 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest after Israel’s victory in Lisbon 2018. It was the third contest hosted in Israel but Eurovision’s first visit to Tel Aviv.
The contest was won by Duncan Laurence from the Netherlands with his self-penned song, Arcade. This was the Netherlands 5th victory at the Eurovision Song Contest and the first victory in 44 years.
- Date: 14 – 18 May 2019
- Venue: Expo Tel Aviv
- Presenters: Erez Tal, Bar Refaeli, Assi Azar, Lucy Ayoub.
- Theme: Dare To Dream
- Winner: Duncan Laurence with Arcade, The Netherlands
- Country: Israel
- Population: Approx. 450,000
- Time Zone: UTC+2
- Currency: New Shekel
- Transport: Ben Gurion Airport
- City is known for: Lively nightlife, 24 hour culture, Bauhaus architecture and miles of golden beaches on the mediterranean coast.
- Traditional Food: Middle-eastern cuisine including Shawarma, Falafel, Hummus and Shakshuka.
- Popular Areas for Visitors: Gordon Beach, Jaffa, Neve Tzedek, Carmel Market.